Photo's section and it's pointlessness..

Discussion in 'Photos' started by MistaK, May 22, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Photo's section and it's pointlessness..

I propose to do away with it, because when people actually make threads its simply to albums on facebook and flickr, and even then they are too far and between.

i rekon you should move the members mugshots into the genral discussion, and have this bit done away with. however the old promise photos are a crease :lol:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. MaGoo

MaGoo

I go on the Red Issue forums, which have a 'Classic Threads' forum. Quality reading through some of the funniest threads there's been over the years.
    Some pure gold crack on there.

I haven't been on here long but some of the threads can be fucking hilarious. Maybe replace the photo section with that?
  4. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

the photos forums has some old classics in - doesn't hurt keeping it.

how would be catergorise a classic thread?
  5. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

True, the photos have sort of died on it's arse since the advent of facebook, but some of the threads in here are still a good read.

A "board gold" section would stop moi dredging them up every couple of months, but apart from that I'm not sure there's a point.
  6. MaGoo

MaGoo

Not sure if there's a specific criteria for a classic thread on Red Issue, it's just for the funniest threads there's been. Just a suggestion because I'm sure there's been some funny as threads on here in the past.

One that always stands out for me is the thread of tales of people shitting themselves. For example.......

"I'd had a bit of a duff tummy over weekend (farting fizzy gravy and all that) however it had cleared up and I was in fine fettle as I went into work after my morning log.

I was sat on my own in the office listening to the weekly team conference call when I could feel a fart brewing. Now I like the sound of an excellent trump, however I understand that not everyone shares my rather puerile sense of humour and so I made preparations to execute my anus evacuation silently given that I don’t have a 'mute' button on my phone (or my anus).

I stood up and put my hand down the back of my trousers and gradually parted my bum cheeks with my hand with the aspiration of creating a 'pffffffffft' sound. Needless to say this didn’t occur and to my horror a jet of watery faeces spattered my hand and my underpants.

So there I was stood in the office with a hand full of shit. I can honestly say that the panic I felt was indescribable. I casually made my excuses on the phone and had to sprint to the toilets and thankfully no-one saw me. Upon my arrival I had to wash my hand in the cistern and flush my shit spattered gruds away.

I then went home and had a shower."
  7. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

theres been some lethal threads in the past, normally containing melt's rant's on newcastle normally.

and of course the ballrooms threads have now legendary status, due to the ledgendary wanker, or as he calls it 'glass collector' that caused them :)
  8. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

This is the only quiet room left in the forum, this is where i come to think :lol:
  9. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

People on this board (or perhaps everywhere - i have no clue since this is the only place i come to) have no urge to talk much about their nights out, or even talk about photos any more.

.... Things move on eh. I guess its more about silent voyeurism over peoples facebook photo's these days.
  10. graham

graham Registered User

Aye, the difference is in the past when it was the Promise board i would say 50% of the board if not more knew each other, and people would stick photos up that contained mainly board members.

Nowadays as the board has changed and isnt focused on one specific night, you have individual groups of mates though it isnt like everyone knows and goes out clubbing together like they did a few years back, therefore there isnt the need to stick photos up on here and people will use places like fb instead.

I personally wouldnt mind the photos section dying a death, for purely personal reasons though cos theres some shockers of me if you look hard enough :lol:
  11. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

aye, its more like groups of mates within genre's of music (The trance lot & the House lot and the 'inbetweeners') :wink: