On the subject of media bias in the Middle East....

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by andy_rocks, Sep 8, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Andy you've posted over 1000 posts on Israel, you haven't posted one on Congo.

Human rights abuse? Fuck off... you're pushing traditional antisemitic libels.
  2. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

Oh, are you for real? Where have I said they control the media?

Israel is responsible for the deaths of children, at the hands of its weapons, so unless you're saying the IDF has never killed a child, that's a pointless argument.

And I said that you in particular value Jewish life over Muslim - remember the thought exercise about the launcher in the civilian building? Where the choice was between a 20% chance of killing an Israel, or a certainty of killing 50 Lebanese, and you still thought the correct course of action was to kill the Lebanese? This is simply incompatible with your claim to value the lives equally.
  3. andy_rocks

The day you argue that human rights abuses in the Congo or Darfur or anywhere else are justified, you'll find me opposing.
  4. Yosef Ha'Kohain

You said Israel controls the American media!

Name me a nation that hasn't killed a child in war.... But you don't brand the yanks child killers.

No you said that explains why Israeli's value Jewish life over muslm!
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

That doesn't explain the global opposition to Israel Andy...
  6. andy_rocks

I said the American media was biased in favour of Israel, which was obvious from discrepancy of time allowed to different sides on. Whether this reflects a ratings lead American media pandering to its audience or greater proportion of Jewish people in the control of it I have no idea.

I have frequently protested at the deaths of innocent civilians at the hands of the Americans, and the British.

Could you please quote where I said that Israeli's (and not just you) value Jewis life over Muslim.

Are you thinking of this one?

7. andy_rocks

Disappointing for you that noone's appeared to say 'Yes, Andy is racist/anti-Semitic/anti-Zionist/your term of choice' :(

This board is largely intelligent Joe, you need to be more careful with your accusations if you want anyone to take you seriously.
  8. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Saved me digging it up.
  9. andy_rocks

I don't see any part of it that says that Israeli's value Jewish life over Muslim.

Disappointing...
  10. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Do I give a fuck whether a group of Jew haters take me seriously?

for christ sakes you have a member of the NF who often makes gas chamber remarks running the site.
  11. Yosef Ha'Kohain

:rolleyes:
  12. andy_rocks

Fucking hell, haven't you learned anything about your mistaken allegations?

The whole board's now a group of Jew haters?!?!

You're showing signs of a persecution complex.
  13. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Dan, Storm, Chris S, fork, Jimmy, Nezza, andy_rocks.... to name but a few.
  14. andy_rocks

In Israel, if not many other places in the world, the majority opinion seemed to be that the Lebanese war was a 'proportionate response' and therefore justified.

Along with most reasoned opinion, I believe this was incorrect, but I assume some justification process must have occured in Israel for its citizens to allow its government to pursue such a campaign.

Your desire to see preemptive strikes on Iranian power stations helps me to understand where it came from (although I could well be wrong as I don't know how representative of Israelis you are).
  15. andy_rocks

You still haven't been able to justify how forks and I are Jew haters, so I'm going to ignore this blindly stupid post.
  16. andy_rocks

Either way - real work beckons for a while.

I'll debate with you again about issues in the Middle East when you are prepared to take them seriously, and not take it into glorified, discriminatory name-calling that you can't back up with facts.

Feel free to also get back to me if you can ever come up with some reason for why you think I'm a Jew hater. I'm sure forks would be interested too.
  17. Yosef Ha'Kohain

The twentieth century witnessed the birth of a new breed of antisemite; an antisemite that was completely oblivious to his prejudice, his mindset sculpted from traditional anti-jewish libels repackaged as a humanitarian plight.

Since the rebirth of Eretz Israel there have been less than 20,000 Palestinian deaths in around 60 years (in contrast to 650,000 deaths in Iraq in under 3 years) – but despite such low a death toll Israel has received a mass of negative global publicity (second only to America).. Modern antisemites think they are fighting a noble cause when in reality they are pushing a 1500 year old hatred.

Israeli’s controls the media.
    Israeli’s are child killers.
    Israeli’s value jewish life over all else.

Are actually libels thrust upon the Jews long before Israel came into existence, yet these are all terms Andy has thrown around and on a daily basis. Andy needs to ask himself the real reason he spends so much of his life trying to besmirch the nation of Israel.

If it truly were for humanitarian purposes; where are his threads on Sudan, Congo, Tibet, Chad, China, Russia, etc. all of whom practise genocides and often kill more civilians in a month than Israel does in 10 years.
  18. Yosef Ha'Kohain

The twentieth century witnessed the birth of a new breed of antisemite; an antisemite that was completely oblivious to his prejudice, his mindset sculpted from traditional anti-jewish libels repackaged as a humanitarian plight.

Since the rebirth of Eretz Israel there have been less than 20,000 Palestinian deaths in around 60 years (in contrast to 650,000 deaths in Iraq in under 3 years) – but despite such low a death toll Israel has received a mass of negative global publicity (second only to America).. Modern antisemites think they are fighting a noble cause when in reality they are pushing a 1500 year old hatred.

Israeli’s controls the media.
    Israeli’s are child killers.
    Israeli’s value jewish life over all else.

Are actually libels thrust upon the Jews long before Israel came into existence, yet these are all terms Andy has thrown around and on a daily basis. Andy needs to ask himself the real reason he spends so much of his life trying to besmirch the nation of Israel.

If it truly were for humanitarian purposes; where are his threads on Sudan, Congo, Tibet, Chad, China, Russia, etc. all of whom practise genocides and often kill more civilians in a month than Israel does in 10 years.
  19. forks

forks still not dead

I suppose the reason that the middle east situation is more debated on here than the congo or Darfur is that the middle east is the one that has come back to bite us here in the UK. Most peoples lives have been made worse by the extra security measures we all have to undergo and on 7/7 in London people paid with their lives for it. Thats not to mention the soldiers killed inIraq and afghanistan, or the hundreds of thousands of arabs kurds iranians kuwaitis israelis and the rest killed and maimed during the past 50 years.
    It's a bitter legacy and you and I disagree profoundly on it's causes and solutions.
    Non of that makes me a racist. Indeed you are more of a racist than I since you damn whole groups of people as anti semitic simply because they do not wholeheartedly support your extreme views
  20. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

i found this picture quite amusing

Attached Files: