Oasis - 04/06/09 - Manchester

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geordie, Jun 5, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Oasis - 04/06/09 - Manchester

Sounds like a canny first gig, The Enemy first of all cancelled due to one of them being ill then this happened :

Oasis were forced to abandon the stage twice at their huge headline show at Manchester's Heaton Park tonight (June 4) due to technical difficulties.

Liam and Noel Gallagher and co left the stage while generator problems were fixed, once during their opening song, then again during the second number. They then returned to play a full live set, during which they vowed to give full refunds to the 70,000 fans in attendance.

At around 9pm (BST), following support slots from Twisted Wheel, Reverend And The Makers (standing in for The Enemy, who cancelled due to frontman Tom Clarke falling ill) and Kasabian, the band began their set with 'Rock 'N' Roll Star'.

The song was stopped due to sound problems, and the band headed off stage for around ten minutes to the sound of boos from the crowd.

They then returned and began to play 'Lyla', although that song was also cut short due to further sound troubles.

The band left the stage again, while a message appeared on the stage screens declaring that the problems would be fixed as soon as technical staff could sort them out.

The message explained that generator failure was causing the issues, while smoke could be seen emanating from the equipment. It was then updated to say "Almost there!".

Oasis returned to the stage after around 40 minutes to successfully kick-start the set again with 'The Shock Of The Lightning' and 'Cigarettes And Alcohol', with the Gallaghers promising to give fans their money back.

"Really sorry about that," Liam Gallagher told the crowd. "This is a free gig now. Everyone will get a refund."

His brother Noel added: "The curfew's 11, but we'll play 'til they kick us off. Keep your ticket and you'll get your money back."

Later in the set, however, the logistics of the promised refunds seemed to trouble Noel.

"We're not sure how its gonna work with getting the money back," he said before playing 'Half The World Away'. "Be on a website or summat. We're not getting paid for this so buy a t-shirt on the way out. Credit crunch and that, keep my kids in sweets.

"If you're getting your mum and dad to pick you up outside afterwards, tell them we're not leaving til 2am. Kind of regret offering you your money back now. Apply for it back if you wanna be a cunt, we do our best for you."

The band played a 23-song set, ending with their customary cover of The Beatles' 'I Am The Walrus' at 11:20pm.

Oasis played:

'Rock 'N' Roll Star'
    'Lyla'
    'The Shock Of The Lightning'
    'Roll With It'
    'Cigarettes And Alcohol'
    'The Meaning Of Soul'
    'To Be Where There's Life'
    'Waiting For The Rapture'
    'The Masterplan'
    'Songbird'
    'Slide Away'
    'Morning Glory'
    'My Big Mouth'
    'The Importance Of Being Idle'
    'Half The World Away'
    'I'm Outta Time'
    'Wonderwall'
    'Live Forever'
    'Supersonic'
    'Don't Look Back In Anger'
    'Falling Down'
    'Champagne Supernova'
    'I Am The Walrus'

LOOK AT THAT FUCKING TRACK LISTING MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope it pics up organisation wise as of today/tonight n tomorrow as well and the weather gets a bit better cos its meant to be appaling :lol:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Jill

Jill Registered User

Good setlist, looking forward to seeing them there on Sunday now. Could do with seeing Bag It Up & The Turning in there, and I fucking hate I Am The Walrus, but plenty of tunes. :D
  4. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

im sooo pleased we sold our tickets! I would of been fed up! gutted missed them peform those tracks though :eek: shit the bed!!!

not looking forward to the bollocking off my boss though as i sold the tickets to her :lol:
  5. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

She'll be fine, by all accounts they were unreal!
  6. Gary Proud

'Rock 'N' Roll Star'
    'Lyla'
    'The Shock Of The Lightning'
    'Roll With It'
    'Cigarettes And Alcohol'
    'The Meaning Of Soul'
    'To Be Where There's Life'
    'Waiting For The Rapture'
    'The Masterplan'
    'Songbird'
    'Slide Away'
    'Morning Glory'
    'My Big Mouth'
    'The Importance Of Being Idle'
    'Half The World Away'
    'I'm Outta Time'
    'Wonderwall'
    'Live Forever'
    'Supersonic'
    'Don't Look Back In Anger'
    'Falling Down'
    'Champagne Supernova'
    'I Am The Walrus'

Stone the crows - Got Definitely Maybe on at graft now, reet in the mood.
  7. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Quality tracklist :) shame theres no Cast no shadow though
  8. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

Ive never seen them play my big mouth before at a gig and ive been to a canny few.
  9. graham

graham Registered User

Thats a fucking crease :lol:

Have a good 'un anyways lads, give me a bell when you are down there and flying high ;)
  10. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

that tracklist is immesne roll on wednesday now like :D
  11. Gary Proud

What a fukin weekend!

Kasabian were unreal, opened with their cover of Candi Staton - You got the love & went on to hammer out all the new stuff from their album - 70,000+ singing 'im on fire' was immense.

Oasis were the bollocks, left a little early to avoid the congestion, just got back into town now - 1 throughly satisfied customer.

Had a total crease from the minute we got in the car saturday morning to being dropped off.
  12. Congay

Congay Registered User

just for a fleating second did you forget all about being from Newcastle?
  13. Gary Proud

Im not im from Bodrum?

Im just over here in Newcastle for business from time to time.
  14. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

does anyone have any ideas of set times for Wednesday? are Oasis only playing an hour and a half as rumoured? are the enemy playing at all?
  15. MissyC

MissyC Missy Flowers.............

ooh yeah set times anybody?!! what time do the doors open?! is there anywhere decent in mackem land to for grub and booze b4 hand...:D
  16. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Greens is £1.50 a pint but its not great for food like, loads of places were dishing out flyers for oasis pre partys when I was out on saturday but I didnt keep any, im out again tonight though so will see if theres any knocking about and update tomoro
  17. smallerthanyoda

smallerthanyoda Registered User

they opened bout 2 in manchester but i think that was so they sorted the golden circle out.

we got there as the enemy were coming just as it was really starting to pick up.
    The enemy were good warmup like then kasabian come on how good.....and as for oasis they were class apart tbf.

The whole weekend was class act from the fri till today
  18. Willa

Willa Registered User

Looking forward to hearing their bootleg of "Mayhem" like gary, you've done yourself proud there son.
  19. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

:lol: :lol:

As Proudy said mint weekend, apartment we rented for the neet was smart as fuck in ideally located opposite Afflecks Palace even if i am shit scared of heights n knew it would get worse once i was pie eyed !!!

Kasabian were fkn quality like n perfect warm up really n then Oasis were bang on, probably the best i have seen them altho i havent seen them alot to be honest....

I was under the impression The Enemy had cancelled all weekend?

Not to worry if they hadnt anyways we all still had a class time even if i come back from Heaton Park like i had been farming.
  20. -L-O-T-T-E-

-L-O-T-T-E- Moooooooooooooo

Saturday was AMAZING :love: :beer: :crazy: what a way to spend ur birthday!! :D
  21. MissyC

MissyC Missy Flowers.............

how did the liam look?!.......................:love: cant wait for tomorrow like.....
    bring it on.......:drunk: