New Batman film :o

Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by Chris S, May 25, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Chris S

Chris S Monkey Tennis?

New Batman film :eek:

[​IMG]

It's so hard. We've all been hurt before by fake Joker images from the eagerly awaited Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight, but this time it's the real deal, the One, we promise. This really is a picture of Heath Ledger in his Joker get-up, and scary stuff it is too.

The film, for the four of you who have spent the last couple of years in Narnia, pits Christian Bale's Batman against the seriously scary and criminally insane Joker (Ledger), as he once again tries to keep Gotham City (and Maggie Gyllenhaal's love interest, and Aaron Eckhart's district attorney Harvey Dent) safe for goodness and normalcy.

After internet rumours and frauds aplenty, an official picture of Dent was released last week on the site ibelieveinharveydent.com, which was very nice and all but not very exciting. But now they've also created a link to the rather more mysterious and somehow quite creepily named ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com, apparently The Joker's own creation (and perhaps a hint at the plot, but who knows with director Christopher Nolan's tricksy ways?), wherein fans have revealed this proper scary image of The Joker, one pixel at a time.

Clearly the product of research into facial scaring rather than the almost clownish versions we've seen before, this looks set to carry on the series' grittier, more realistic feel. And, coincidentally, rid Ledger of that awkward pretty-boy image. Roll on 2008!
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Registered User

Looks awesome!

I love the more grittier approach these films are giving to the Batman story!
  4. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

It'll still take a lot to beat Jack Nicholson's performance as The Joker in the original film.

I'm all for the dark setting approach to movies though :up:
  5. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

He looks like the killer from the original 'man hunter'... dark is good
  6. Cookee

Cookee Registered User

Scary :( Should be good. I like Christian Bale as Batman :love:
  7. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Batman Begins was nothing short of tremendous....can not wait for this!!!!
  8. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

I still havent seen the last batman. I'm not a big fan of the series tbh. I hate films that are always set in darkness or the night time. :oops: They just look shite.
  9. Alexander

Alexander Registered User

theres daylight in batman begins:D

not seen the trailers for the new one, but if its as good as the first it will be awesome
  10. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Heath ledger pfft?Johnny Depp was born for this role
  11. ScottofshieldS

ScottofshieldS Paranoid Android

The coastal town that they forgot to pull down.
    I'm liking the overall darker character design here but i'm still not sure about casting Heath Ledger. I personally would have cast either Adrian Brody or Paul Bettany as the Joker.

But the overall casting in Batman Begins was spot on so I trust Ledger will bring something new to the table.

Nicholson's Joker in Burton's Batman was an over-acted joke (no pun intended) I hope they return to the roots of the character which is that of a maniacal, highly intelligent, cold blooded mass-murderer.

I'm a massive Batman fan (I collect shit and all sorts) and wanted to love Batman Begins but it just didn't do it for me. I didn't really enjoy the over explained realist take on his equipment etc and the overall amber tone just didn't feel like Batman to me. There were parts I liked but more I didn't. Personally I prefer Tim Burton's vision of Gotham, but think there's a nice middle ground to be found between Burton and Nolan's visions. Hopefully The Dark Knight will find that ground.
  12. SoapieTW

SoapieTW Registered User

Can't wait for this. Re watched Batman begins last night. Forgot just how good it was!!! :love:
  13. Chris_Spence

Chris_Spence Registered User

c'mon, Jack Nicholson was brilliant as the Joker.

He was payed more than Keaton aswell.
  14. French William

French William _________________

15. Wkd*Dancer

Wkd*Dancer Registered User

Christian Bale is a bit sexy like ... hes even better in American Psyco which is a bit of a fucked up film but its good tho i like it coz he's in it, being perfect at everything is what i expect in my life so i respect him in that film lol. But Batman begins is good i really enjoyed it. That drug they use well trippy stuff

:spangled: :D :eek:
  16. ScottofshieldS

Now that's what I call a Batcycle.

[​IMG]

What a beast.

Apparently in the film they're calling it the "Bat Pod".
  17. adam.

adam. kthxbi

looks like the bikes offa judge dredd
  18. Wkd*Dancer

Excellent

The Joker Face at the top of the next page is definatly really good i keep thinking about how mint it is everytime i come on here!!!!!
    In the film can anyone tell me, does the joker get created like in the film where Jack Nickolson plays the joker? I presume not by the way Christian Bale gets given the card by the cop at the end of Batman Begins....... although it may flash back in the film ???
    The cop is played by Gary Newman hes a cool actor has anyone seen Fivth Element hes great in that too also has anyone seen the film where he plays Dracula as a young man thats well good aswell :)
  19. ScottofshieldS

Batman receiving the card at the end of Batman Begins does suggest that the Joker is already operating in Gotham. Whether or not he's already properly The Joker or just his previous persona (with a penchant for handing out Joker cards) remains to be seen. The Jokers origin in the comics involved falling into a vat of chemicals like in Burton's Batman, but it looks like they've given him some severe facial scarring around the mouth in this new film so who know's how Nolan is going to depict his origin.
  20. Wkd*Dancer

Thanx for replying ...... yeh i get ya xx :) :p
  21. Above & Beyond 2

Above & Beyond 2

22. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

I finally watched Batman Begins last night and thought it was pretty good.:D