Neturei Karta

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by andy_rocks, Aug 3, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

Neturei Karta

Here is a curious movement I have only recently heard of.

Essentially, they appear to be a group of orthodox Jewish people, opposing the formation of a Jewish State, as they claim the Torah says that they should not.

Their website raises a few points from the Torah that could be applied to the present situation in the Middle East.

Joe, I would be genuinly interested to hear your views on this - I don't claim to have enough knowledge of the Torah to interpret the statements they refer to, and the fact that noone has heard of them seems to suggest that their viewpoints aren't very widespread.

An interesting study in differing interpretations nontheless.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Re: Neturei Karta

I'm very familiar with NK (and Satmar - a larger more respectable haredi group opposed to Israel).

Judaism splits into two main branches, orthodox and reform, orthodox jews take the bible literally while reform jews believe it was wrote by jews and therefore susceptible to human error.

In the late 40's and early 50's it was essentially the reform Jews that instigated aliyah, while the orthodox community thought it was a sin... according to the Torah Jews cannot govern the lands of Israel until the coming of the messiah (at which point he will peacefully collect the Jewish people and bring them to our homeland).

Up until the creation of Israel most of the orthodox community were vociferously opposed to Israel, but on its creation it became a sin for the Jews to oppose the state (Jews are not permitted to rally against nations)... For this reason all but two haredi groups accepted the state.

Satmar I respect as despite their religious beliefs they are good to the Jewish people, NK however boil my blood - they claim the holocaust was g-d's way of punishing Jews for Zionism, they regularly met with terrorist scum like Arafat, not only that but their rebbe (spiritual leader) was on the pay roll of Arafat! (It's one thing to oppose the Jewish state, but aligning yourself with a terrorist scumbag is disgusting).

Religiously they are mistaken, intellectually they are sick in the head.
  4. Guest

Re: Re: Neturei Karta

joe man!