Need a basic program for drawing up a plan

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Congay, Aug 17, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Congay

Congay Registered User

Need a basic program for drawing up a plan

Can someone recommend a basic program / paint package? for drawing up a basic plan.

I need to draw up a cut away plan of my house showing all the rooms so i can then draw lines linking up things like audio, tv & networking cables.

Iv had a quick look at Google Sketchup but it looks like it would take a day to learn how to use it! Is there anything I can just jump into to do this?
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

[​IMG]
  4. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

Hummel you cock. I was expecting that to be a working etch a sketch. I'm disappointed.
  5. stu

stu Registered User

google sketchup is pretty easy to use (and free), just draw stuff in 2d using the front/top camera settings then push/pull them into 3d, plus there's absolutely loads of video tutorials on youtube etc and free templates for objects you can import live into your plan at the google 3d warehouse
  6. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

Was more the plan it didn't work so that some fucking idiots would start clicking on it thinking wtf why doesn't it work! :lol:
  7. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

aye, i'd hit google sketchup more than anything else like, otherwise you'd probably be facing the daunting task of downloading an Autodesk/CAD type program which take years to master.

or if it doesnt have to be accurate or even that plausible... publisher or microsoft word :p
  8. Congay

Congay Registered User

I used LAYOUT2 that comes with sketchup it was perfect.

I am defo going to take a day off and learn how to use sketchup it looks amazing, so i can do a 2d drawing on there? ill have to try that tonight