My Bloody Valentine 3D

Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by MissyC, Jan 6, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MissyC

MissyC Missy Flowers.............

My Bloody Valentine 3D

Get outta town... this looks mint... :eek:

[ame="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bsRbqpiqkKU"]YouTube- My Bloody Valentine 3D - Trailer[/ame]

jensen ackles... looking fine :love:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

Looks class like, deffos gonna take a trip to the pics n see this
  4. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

I dont think I have much hope, Debs hates horror movies so I dont think she'd be up for this.
  5. jimjam101

jimjam101

loooks wicked...
  6. adam.

adam. kthxbi

going to see this on fri - for the 3d experience not cos it looks like a good film
  7. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

Is there anywhere up here showing it in 3D? I wouldn't mind seeing it too, but again purely for the 3D experience.
  8. adam.

adam. kthxbi

'you do know this isnt in 3d dont you'

'i do now, thanks (!)'

refund !
  9. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

Not my cup of tea but might go and see it for the 3D. Would be canny pissed off if I got all the way to the pictures and they told me that it wasnt, do they have to have a special projector or something?
  10. adam.

adam. kthxbi

it appears so, not like it would be hard to rent one for the month its on like.
  11. ScottofshieldS

ScottofshieldS Paranoid Android

The coastal town that they forgot to pull down.
    Watched this on Friday night at the first public show.

The film itself is typical teen-horror style shit, infact it feels really quite dated. Like it belongs in that post-Scream era with I Know What You Did Last Summer, Urban Legend etc.

But nobody really cares about the story, what everyone was there for was the 3D.

Considering it's the first live action 3D film in RealD I thought it was canny good. There wasn't loads of shit flying right out at you all the time, but there was definite moments where a spike or pick axe or gun something would appear to be sticking out the screen.

The film itself had a load of 3D moments at the start, then the middle fell really flat (both in story and 3D action) then it picked up again near the end. The biggest and best thing about this new digital 3D is the sense of depth it gives to every shot throughout the entire film, there's such clarity between the forground and background, such a feeling of depth, It was pretty amazing.

Obviously the optimum position to sit in a cinema auditorium for a normal 2D film is a third of the way from the back in the centre, but me and my manager were talking and we think that if you sat right down the front this would make the "jumping out of the screen" aspect of the 3D even better. When i'm in work on Sunday i'm going to have a seat in different parts of the screen to see where is best to sit.

Considering this is just a relatively low-budget horror movie I think it shows real promise for the new 3D format. As the filmmakers get a better handle on it I imagine it'll get better and better. By the time Avatar comes out I think it'll be fucking amazing.
  12. fiddla

fiddla Retired

I was amazed at how good quality the 3d was like much better than i expected , the axe and bullitt etc were unreal. I kept the glasses on as i was leaving and noticed that the 3d actually moved depending on your positioning i.e the more i got to the left of the room to get out the credits seemed to move over with me !!