ME a DJ? Not yet!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Disco Drew, Oct 29, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Disco Drew

Disco Drew Registered User

ME a DJ? Not yet!!

This looks like the best forum for it. Just thought id post something about the "art of mixing"

Not so long ago I bought the book 'How to DJ (properly)' gave it a read and found it very intesting. I would recomend it to anyone on any level. It starts with the basics i.e. beatmatching and equipment to buy and goes into more complicted stuff like putting a record collection together (not as easy as it seems) and getting your name out there.

Anyway I went out and invested in some decks, been practising loads and loads and it is really very difficult. Its starting to come together and I got some very useful info from a few freinds of mine.

Right now i need some good headphones, the bass on the ones ive got is somewhat lacking and is very hard to listen to. Roll on 10 dec when i get some for my birthday (thanks fizz for putting my lass straight).

I think this thread should be used for budding bedroom DJ's and the like to discuse how they got to where they are now and it could be used to ask questions and give tips!!!!!

What does everyone else think?
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

ive only had my decks for about 3 months or sommat.
    got a few tips of a mate to begin with, about beat matching and stuff, but really, ive just been learing by messing around. playing till it sounds good!
    listen to other DJ's, how they mix, when they bring it in and stuff.

theres loads or articles on the net about DJing! theres no reals rules tho i dont think, as long as it sounds good.

understanding about the structure of tracks is helpful i think too!

any tips would be welcome!
  4. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

Down here, i dont really know anyone else into djing like me, so i ve been teachin myself... which is cool, coz i think it helps develop individual styles:D

I ve had dex for three months soon, and have sorta put a cd together... its far from perfect, but i ve heard good stuff about it so far:D

Gonna try recording another one this weekend:D
  5. slinkysteve

slinkysteve

www.recess.co.uk have shed loads of tips for budding dj's.

Don't know how good it is but there you have it ;)
  6. crasherkid

crasherkid Registered User

my dex are stuck back in darlo.. i miss em :(