Lyoto Machida vs Shogun Rua

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Þ€tè®*, Oct 25, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

Lyoto Machida vs Shogun Rua

That was easily the worst decision I have ever seen since watching MMA, or any fight in fact.
    Lyoto only had a 30 second flurry at the end of round 3, and apart from that he was fucked.

Shogun read him well, neutralized him with leg kicks and body kicks, and everything, I am completely stunned as i think every mma messageboard in the world is, fuck the ufc.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

was shocking like, I would have scored it 49-46
  4. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

That's exactly what I had the score down as. Those judges must have been watching another fucking fight.

Machida was dominated and could barely keep it together at times due to the intense kicking to his legs and ribs. I'm glad I watched it this afternoon instead of staying up to watch that.
  5. LeeTheMackem

Machida corner were telling him he had lost
  6. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

I thought Shogun easily dominated 4 rounds, and even the third apart from the little burst at the end.
    Shogun's my favorite fighter so I'm pissed, I can't believe the judges scored it that way, how the fuck can someone who isn't fighting at all win a fight.

Their will be a re-match, but it'll probably go nothing like this, Shoguns tactics were perfect, get in strike and get your arse out fast, and by working on the guys legs he wasn't able to fight his game, he clearly won.

Next time he'll think he has to stand there and take it more, and that'll suit Machida.
  7. LeeTheMackem

On another note how good does antony johnson look
  8. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

I'm just watching the other fights now mate, watched the main one this morning and was that pissed I wasn't going to watch the rest :lol:
  9. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

haha that was a huge mismatch.
  10. LeeTheMackem

I mean in general not just that fight, hes going to have to move weights like hes fucking massive
  11. Scotty

Scotty Internet Weirdo

Pop a 40 and check your rollies - its Blyth Tyme!
    Shocking decision that I really dont know what the judges were thinking. Ben Rothwell looked poor as well.
  12. hummel

hummel Fucking imbecile

Cain Velasquez looked fucking shit hot though, he was fucking relentless and I hope he keeps performing like that. Although I do think that fight was stopped too early. Rothwell was not fighting back but it clearly wasn't really hurting him. He was just about to stand up. I guess the referee did warn him before round started though.
  13. Den

Den no, seriously.

Agreed i'd say he's as good a contender there is in either welterweight or middleweight division.

As for machida he got outplayed at his own game and the decision was ridiculous. I dont think there should be a rematch as it will be just as dull a fight, they should just rescore it from video footage lol.
  14. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

I want to see it again, imo there's nobody else in the light heavyweight division with the class or skill to work out Machidas game, Shogun can be a lot more aggressive but that's exactly what Machida wanted, he knew exactly how to win this fight, and that's what he done but for the judges ridiculous scoring.
  15. LeeTheMackem

I think if there was a rematch shogun would push it to go for the knockout and possibly end up getting knocked out himself, thats exactly how Evans and Thiago Silva ended up getting knocked out by machida.Shoguns tactics were spot on first time round and he was shafted for it
  16. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

Yeah that's what I thought before, imo Shoguns in a different class to both of them though, and Machida shit himself at the speed Rua got in and out.
  17. LeeTheMackem

Id like to see the rematch like I think it would be more exciting than the first fight, bad blood and they would both be on the attack more I think
  18. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

haha i can't see karate kid attacking myself, I might be wrong but it's just never been his style.
  19. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

In the words of Drogba "its a fucking disgrace!" Cecil Peoples must be on crack
  20. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

haha he's a leg-end is Cecil. UFC outright admit that a lot of the judges come from boxing backgrounds and therefor struggle to judge close matches such as this, it's utter bullshit imo.
  21. Scotty

Scotty Internet Weirdo

Pop a 40 and check your rollies - its Blyth Tyme!
    Dana White has pretty much said they're doing an instant rematch due to the decision.