Internet Disconnects When Phone Picked up

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Vin, Jan 21, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Vin

Vin Registered User

Internet Disconnects When Phone Picked up

This is probably a really stupid question, but il ask it anyway as i dont know the answer.

Every time the phone is picked up the internet disconnects. Very annoying when im online and the missus picks up the phone for an hours conversation. It shouldnt do this should it? Do i need some sort of adaptor?

Setup in my flat is basically one phone point in the living room which has a two-way adaptor with the Sky box and phone connected to it. Second phone point in the spare room which is where the computer is and the router connected to that phone point.

Whats the solution?

Cheers :D
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

Get new filters from your ISP.
  4. Nass

Nass sound. Staff

Also have a fuck about with the location of the filters. I had this years ago and it was because they were plugged in the wrong way round in the house..

try it with just one phone in different spots.
  5. ZeGermens

ZeGermens I Am A Fucking Hero

arghhhh im on my break, half way through a 13hour shift and this is the only calls ive been getting all day, doing my fucking head in.

yeah its your filters, give us a call wwe'll get them sent out free for ya, or if you want go to a shop and buy them for like a quid or something.
  6. Vin

Vin Registered User

Sorted.

Have been in the flat 2 years now and never got round to sorting this out before. Turns out i had a filter sat in a drawer all this time - didnt know what it was or what it did like!