If you don,t like it ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Geordie, Oct 31, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

I dont wanna be banned for this right Mark but ya probably know yaself that its only a select few that are causing the shit - when ive said summit about a DJ i will never take it too far coz its obvious that being a superstar DJ ur doing summit right and will have a following - i have no room to talk myself as im piss poor on my decks but practice makes perfect !

The posts have been more n more random on ere and that may happen thru week as people are looking forward to a friday night - i suppose the reason why theres other Forums is to get the random shit away from this Forum.

Anyways see what happens if ya start to ban the ones ya not happy with - it maybe ok then :chill:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. The Don

The Don Registered User

I cant say I notice it..

I have only been here a cuple of wks, and everyone seems to get along so it must just be a select few fannies..
  4. Ste

Ste Registered User

come and join tranceaddic,t its just none stop bitching :lol: :lol: :lol:
  5. Amyblah

Amyblah Registered User

The board has been getting bad lately IMO.

I have no problem admitting that I was one of the people that was posting shit but I've stopped now after comments were first made about shit posts. I think the people that have a problem with Mark's comments should just accept them, get over it and stop winding people up further by just dropping it! I know I have and I know I'm sick to death of all the snide little remarks about what people can and can't do. FFS get a life!!!!!! It's not big, it's not clever and all it's doing is pissing everyone off!

I'm not taking sides here either before anyone suggests it, so don't have a go. Mark can decide what he does and doesn't want on the board so if people come on here they shouldn't find it to hard to accept cos it's Promise's board not our's! If people are so unhappy about not being able to post what they want then why don't they leave this board and go somewhere else, cos arguing about it isn't gonna solve anything!!

We want a nice happy board, let's sort it out people!

*END OF RANT*

:)
  6. Rob

Rob Registered User

Oh for fucks sake.

I'm not exactly sure how we came to this point but here we are. When we first started this message board we had no rules at all but as time went on people took the piss.

So we started to add rules, not because we want to boss people about but because a few users seem to have no fucking idea about what is and isn't an acceptable thing to say.

So now we have so many rules that we are accused of being overbearing. I'm not sure what I am supposed to do really, if we drop all the rules can those few people be trusted to not take the piss? Somehow I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure that this message board will get pulled after the weekend that pisses me off for two reasons.

1. I will lose a job.

2. If it weren’t for a few people this message board would still rock.

So here's a last attempt at fixing things.

All rules are now void apart from no mention of drugs. Now this can go one of two ways, all the fuckwits (you know who you are) can start harshing all the DJs and posting utter shite threads or they can grow the fuck up and do their bit in saving this message board (if it's still possible).

It's up to you now people, I have known Mark for years and I don't think he's bluffing. If there is no change by next week I think that that will be the end of the promise message board.
  7. Rob

Rob Registered User

Comments welcome btw.
  8. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

::rant on::

sort it out people!

@ the end of the day, if your bitching on here costs rob a job how are you gonna feel???

this message board has helped to build a close-nit promise community, but its in danger of falling to pieces. a little less arrogance from some, and a little more common sense from others would not go a miss.

::rant off::

p.s. its only a message board! (sorry couldn't resist that :p)
  9. Amyblah

Amyblah Registered User

Well said!!!!

:)
  10. DoctorMick

DoctorMick Registered User

Time for my two pence worth!

If the board is gonna get pulled, and more importantly it is gonna put someone out of a job, then no matter what we think about the rules we are gonna have to follow them!

I'm sure in general life most people on here follow rules they don't like, so why be different about it on here?!?!?!

Fair enough message boards are all about opinions but you can hardly expect the board owner (no matter which board) to allow content that could be damaging to themselves can you?!?!?!

I for one, will be gutted if the board gets pulled (I spend many hours passing the time here), it has been very useful to a lot of us and I'm sure most of us have made some new, really good, mates.

Think about it when u r posting!!!
  11. Nik

Nik Registered User

The rules should be dropped

One warring given

Then a ban if thought to be the only solution

Let the mods(change posts/give warrings) do their jobs and let the admins(ban users that have been put forwared to be anned by mods) do theres and get the board working the way it should

well thats what i think anyway;)
  12. Rob

Rob Registered User

Thanks peeps but I would prefer if the few who are fucking things up stopped it because they realised how daft they are not to save my job.

I have other jobs and will be fine. They on the other hand will still be sad people who will no doubt find something else to rebel against.

How fucking childish are they when you think about it.
  13. Rob

Rob Registered User

That's what I've done/will be doing.
  14. Nik

Nik Registered User

Its just i never hardly ever see moderators editing anything!!! Even though there is a lot of people not happy with stuff that has been posted!!!:spangled:
  15. spud693

spud693 Registered User

I agree, it all just needs to chill out... i spend a lot of time on this board, and while i agree its at a low point, this doesnt mean it has to go... we simply need to look at what we've got going, a great club, a strong community, and ive met more ppl through this board than i care to imagine... i urge you ppl, just think.

Everyone, try and read the board over the next week in a positive manner, i get the impression some ppl are just looking for things to bitch about, and if we just look at things differently, this board can (and will) get back to its previous state.

PLEASE

:D :groovy: :D
  16. Ste

Ste Registered User

yeh on tranceaddict us mods can suspend sum1 and then we give our reasons for this, then they cant either be suspnded for a certain amount of tiem or the webmaster bans them completly!
  17. jeny

jeny Registered User

message boards are for us to have a laugh/carry on, meet new peeps, discuss nights out etc

people will talk about what they want to talk about, its called free speech, but admin can decide what people view if things get 'serious' why not just delete the topics and give the user a warning, no need to pull the board

every dj gets slagged by some1 no1 can like every1 and no dj can please every1

cant really see the problem really, good times outweigh the bad id say :D

cant say i take boards too seriously, iv been told (in all seriousness) by 1 member on a board i need plastic surgery but i still go on it and i couldnt give a flying fook,

:D
  18. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Delete poor/offensive threads early before they grow. Then PM the culprit with a warning for offensive posts.

Regards

The Spence
  19. tidyShaun

tidyShaun

YKTS!

It's just abit of banter!
  20. jeny

jeny Registered User

thats my point :rolleyes:
  21. SeniorChem Si

SeniorChem Si Registered User

few points......

1. some of the rules should be relaxed or dropped altogether, apart from the 1 bout drugs references.

2. put some guidelines up, so ppl know what is acceptable and what isn't.

3. moderators should be more active in editing/deleting posts and warning ppl why when it happens. apart from u rob the mods on this forum aren't doing much lately. soz to giz/kerry/joe but moderating means u have to be on pretty much most the time, and u aint....... for good reasons i know!

4. warn/suspend ppl when they overstep the mark, but in private rather than flaming em in public on the board.

5. some ppl should stop posting so much random inconsequential shite about their everyday lives *boring*. u know who u are

6. plenty other ppl can stop harshing and flaming others when they dont like what they post. u know who u are un all.

think a lot of the problem these days is ppl are so careful about what they post cos its not clear what is acceptable and what isnt, and for fear of getting a verbal kicking off Mark/the fun police/the arrogants who think they can dictate who's allowed to say what.

Thats prolly why we've had nowt interesting on here for weeks/months.

would be a crying shame if the board got closed down, not least for Rob :p. I reckon the board's been big reason why Promise has got such a good atmosphere, and gets a lot of new ppl to promise.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.