HABIT - SO LONG...

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Danny_Habit, Nov 4, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Danny_Habit

Danny_Habit Registered User

HABIT - SO LONG...

After 6 years Habit bids farewell with 2 final parties...

Full statement and info - SO LONG
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

R.I.P.

Gutted guys. Habit has been one of the absolute highlights of my clubbing career since it all began.

I still have the flyer from the first ever WHQ gig with Desyn, on my noticeboard at home. One of the best nights i've ever had.

You all did yourselves proud. 10/10.
  4. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

sad to see it go..had some of the best nights of my life at habit, thanks for all the good times!!
  5. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

:eek:

I've got some wicked memories from habit and its been one of my favourite club nights for a long while. Cheers to all involved in habit for bringing some of the best dj's and organising some of the best parties I've been to. I wish everyone all the best for the future and look forward to partying with you lot to celebrate the last 6 years.
    :up:
  6. MAXIMAL:

MAXIMAL: Registered User

I was shocked when you broke the news on friday mate, never expected this at all. What a way to go out tho, Steve Bug n Ame for the final part of your farewell.

I remember comin along to Cleer bar and seein nights you lads were puttin on watchin Jon Mack play, and same as Brid was at the WHQ gig. 6 Years is a hell of a long time puttin parties on. Good work lads.
  7. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Gutted. Had some great nights and have some great memories.

Will hopefully be able to make it to both farewell gigs :)

You'll be missed :up:
  8. Allie

Allie Registered User

i'm devastated by this. it's something i never expected to go away.

since playing that first ever all-dayer at cleer i've been at every habit i could and had some mint times with so many mint people. it's great reminiscing at the memories mentioned in that press release, as well as a few others of my own (the rave tie, scott's, jimmy's vodka in his eye, kenny hawkes, the sunday terrace parties at tokyo, etc.)

see you all on the 4th and the 27th :cool2:
  9. forks

forks still not dead

sad to hear this. It was always apparent that you were some of the good guys who wanted to share the music you loved rather than turn a fast buck. Thanks are due from all clubbers in Newcastle, you helped to make a vibrant nightlife here, (even if you did give me tinnitus):(:lol:
  10. graham

graham Registered User

Real shame to see this lads, though its fair enough for the reasons mentioned having read the press release. Thats some list of past guests as well, massive hats off for doing what you have for the scene in Newcastle over the past 6 years :king:

Bug and Ame at the warehouse too...... :eek: :love:
  11. Mamb0

Mamb0 A pleasurable journey

Jeeze!

What can I say...! Habit was where it all began for me, the first taste of real community on a dance floor in an enclosed environment. Buckled chats with the same strangers month in month out that are now close friends. Working at Morrisons as a student and getting picked up from Vance at half 8 and blasting up to town and literally planning life around Habit.

Amongst my top nights at Habit have to include Tom Morgan filling in for Desyn (The start of a great friendship between ourseleves and his Scottish dish), the birthday with Spiritcatcher playing live - UNBELIEVABLE, and catching Tom Middleton play the set of his life and dancing round to the jungle book.

Great memories, great people, great music X :D
  12. carter

carter

Will be a huge miss, top night ran by top people.

Look forward to seeing you at the last 2 nights, I can see them being a bit messy.
  13. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Remember watching you guys years ago down in Whitely above the Bedroom...
    And those amazing after parties that were had down in the recording studio's on North Shields fish Quay - Absolutely Epic! :love:

I've always had massive respect for you guys and the way in which you've done business throughout the years, I've never seen you's caught up in the politics, negativity or the tactics some have to play to gain the monopoly over other nights in Newcastle (which your probably the last of a dying breed may I add).
    Habit's just been one of those nights that have been so consistent in the line-up's right through to Venue choice over the years... which was always so well received.

I'll definitely be along on the 27th to see the night off x
  14. james909

james909 Registered User

Road to Rimini and now habit will defo be down on the 27th. The Simon baker party is a speacil memory for us as well at Drop the Bass.
    You have all ways been straight up lads and a pleasure to work for, knew the crack and threw great partys. Danny from you Dancing to loftgroover at judgement day to seeing you waiting for a taxi to space in Ibiza in 2000 to the Tyne partys you always seemed to be about when I went out raving then clubbing. Will be out on the 27th to give a proper send off.
  15. Kenny Morrison

Kenny Morrison

Gutted! When I spoke with you and Mark last Friday about Decembers events I never realised it was the end. Very sorry to hear but you're reasons make it completely understandable. When you look at that list of past DJ's it is quite incredible. On a personal note, thankyou for bringing DIXON to Newcastle, never missed a night you have had him play. May not be in Newcastle for the 27th but if I am I will definitely be there. Catch you soon..
  16. Mark J

Mark J Registered User

Think Jimmy might still have the rave tie, will see if i can find it for the 4th dec.

Hope everyone can make it down to the last 2 events to see habit off in style.
  17. Danny_Habit

thanks for the kind words everyone. tough call for us but the right one.

full details coming soon about the final two parties :)
  18. Gareth Change Design

Gareth Change Design

That Tyne party was up there like, I really enjoyed the first time Ame played, goin for food with the lads was always nice and cool to meet some of the djs. Also thoroughly enjoyed the Tensnake / Promer warehouse gig.

Think my first Habit gig was the second one with King Unique. Think the first flyer i done for them was Silcone Soul... or actually it was the one before that who im struggling to remember.

Cant see anyone filling the space Habit has left like... the night deffo had a unique quality imo.

Well done chaps :king:
  19. Baggot

Baggot

Sad. But the right choice going off what it says in the blurb.

Highlight for me definitely gotta be Frank Ame playing for the first time, best set I've ever heard. Desyn the second time (not the time he didn't turn up) and watching some nutcase (think he was with Dave Lee) inhaling the smoke machine! And too many more to remember on a Monday am.

Roll on the 27th, Ame live meant to be colossal.

All the best if you decide to do anything else down the line lads.
  20. Jono_H

Jono_H Registered User

RIP !!

the first proper night i went to when i moved up here after stumbling across the Habit board, was made to feel more than welcome and have met some really good pals through the nights.

had some really good nights out so thanks for the memories
  21. Danny_Habit

Thanks. Agreed with the shout for Frank's first appearance at the Cosmic - deffo one of best DJ performances I've ever witnessed.

Other favourites for me at the Cosmic were James Holden/Fairmont, Funk D'Void & Dixon.

Hoping to get info up this weekend for the Residents Party in the ThinkTank on Sat 4th December. Its a wicked little warehouse.