EU Truth

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by BRID, Dec 19, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

EU Truth

Ive been reading this about the EU treaty and things :

http://eutruth.org.uk/

Fact checking aside - it does seem to raise some VERY interesting points (if they ARE true)

Worrying what kind of world and country we are living in these days if so
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

The argument I'm interested in here is how much it costs us compared to how much we get back, and how muhc the administration of the EU is. But they don't seem to give any figure of what the EU is worth to our economy and I'm not sure I'd trust it if they did.

All this stuff about it being illegal seems a bit outdated.

Countries seem to be queueing up to join the EU, and anyway, the Euro has made travelling on the continent much less of a pain in the arse :D
  4. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Are they joining it for the right reasons ..... or just because it kind of guarantees free hand outs from richer nations, and an easy way to allow their citizens to become economic migrants ?

As time goes by, i wonder just how 'valuble' this ability to move in between countries really is..... i cant say ive ever had any problems visiting other non eu countries, and in terms of being able to work and live in eu member nations ..... just HOW valuble is that to us.

For an increasing number of reasons, economic and social .... im starting to become pretty anti EU. Globalisation is a bad idea in my books.
  5. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

If we got back more or less what we put in what would be the point in giving it:spangled: We need to improve the infracstrute of the poorer members of EU & have a long term AIM for a benfits & taxation system that is equal across EU.

Last week a kid at work who brands me as some kind of left wing quiche eating person who grazes the leather elbow pads of my jacket against his desk while reading the Guardian said "What do you think about foreign police being able to come into our country?" , I just said I am not arsed as I reckon they will be here to arrest criminals.

It seems quite strange to branded a mega liberal compared to when SeniorChemSi used think I was a right winger :lol:
  6. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

My point was that if the economic benefits of freer trade exceed the costs of administration of the EU then there is a good business case for participation.

Absolutely agree about improving infrastructure in poorer countries. In fact about the only thing I fall out with the EU over is French farming subsidies, one of the only times that I thought Blair was right on was when he was saying that it should be spent on science, or infrastructure, or development, or anything else really.

That's forks isn't it? :lol: