England world cup in CRISIS

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Congay, Apr 23, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Congay

Congay Registered User

England world cup in CRISIS

I am starting to worry about England... LEdley King is getting dusted off as a 3rd CB in the squad.. Upson is out of form with West ham and Cappello is look for defensive options. Rio has only played about 11 prem league games this season! can you beleive that stat? Thats less than King. With the John Terry farce effecting his form our once unbreakable CBack pos are weak as hell! Dawson is another choice but our first two are looking weakened to say the least.

Goalkeepers, who the hell??? a quick reply and my choice is James. The rest have all dropped major bloopers (air kick robertson, dropped shot goal green) so they have got to be suspect to be playing n0.1 at the worlds biggest stage. Go got James end of story. Experience counts for a lot at WC's.

MF is just about ok but the right side is still to be decided.

Upfront PROBLEMS! who gos with Rooney and what happens if he gets injured? we go out thats what.

People like Zamora HAVE to provide next game its do or die now for the squad.

Things looked amazing this time last year now Cappello has certainly got to earn his money.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

never mind all of this, if the rumours i have hear about steven gerrard turn out to be true, the JT scandal will seem like a drop in the ocean.

watch this space
  4. Chandler

Chandler

Would that be:

Rumours have gathered pace this morning about Steven Gerrard allegedly (yes that's allegedly!) cheating on his wife Alex Curran with a 16 year old and getting her pregnant. To add to the sensationalism Curran herself has been (allegedly) cheating on Gerard with a Derby County player.

?

Fucked up, literally :lol:
  5. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

:up: yep. :lol::lol: hahahah i am trying to get odds on him not being a liverpool player by the start of next season.

Derby player is kris Commons

you have no idea how much i want this to be true
  6. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

to be fair, ultimatebuzz is probably above the daily mail in terms of reliability.... ;)
  7. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

If you google it, it's all over a few forums and footie sites now like.
  8. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

It would actually explain his shocking dip in form, doesn't look half the player he used to!

As for Pike's original post it's all completely irrelevant. England have not got a hope in hell of winning this World Cup. But as ever the media and thick England fans will think we have and be distraught when we don't but it just ain't gonna happen.

James - completely unreliable and best of a bad bunch

Johnson - very suspect defensive wise
    Terry - issues galore, weight of the world on his shoulders
    Rio - suspect, not 100% and doubt he ever will be again
    Cole - just come back from a fractured ankle, very risky

Lennon/Wright-Phillips/Milner/whoever - undecided position and very important
    Barry - not the player he was since he went to Citeh
    Lampard - scores goals galore in the Premier League but against the big guns not so good
    Gerrard - as mentioned above well off the boil and if these rumours turn out to be true bye bye Gerrard

Rooney - dodgy ankle, may as well not bother going if he's not fit
    Crouch - gets done for fouling all the time on the big stage, not his fault

Quarter finals at the VERY best!
  9. Play

Play Registered User

you've just fractured my life
  10. Crispy

Crispy

gerrard not going to the world cup would be a good thing imo

Joe Cole Has consistently shown he is a much better player for england , particularly down the left hand side and we'll play better if the team is actually balanced- him on the left and lennon/walcoot on the right and we'll be sorted.

Its a shame the print media decided to absolutely crucify Paul Robinson for something which he had very little control over, the goalie thing would be a complete none issue if his confidence hadn't been torn apart after that

Bet Harper gets in at least one england squad next year
  11. Crispy

Crispy

That was more of a comment on the current state of englands goalkeeping setup than on wor Stevie being the best thing since sliced bread

Class keeeper but hopefully hart will carry on developing and be England goalie for a long time
  12. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

i think i disagree with all of that, except maybe the lennon/ walcott bit.

i think Joe Cole will be lucky to get in south africa at all, and we cant possibly not take a players as good as steven gerrard, regardless of his form.
  13. Crispy

Crispy

Don't think i've ever seen Gerrard have a good game for england, certainly nowhere near the level he's played at for liverpool over the years, he doesn't play well on the left or in the centre with Lampard so where do you fit him in?

Cole on the other hand was pretty much our best player at the last world cup, has shown he can play on the left and achieve a consistent level of performance and offers something a bit different to the rest of the midfield

I was possibly a bit ott saying it would be a good thing for him not to go :lol:
  14. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Im a big Joe Cole fan like, hes probably going to have to leave Chelsea if he wants to get back to his best though
  15. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

he will end up going somewhere like City or even Man Utd where he will play a similar role to that he does at Chelsea (i.e. one of many good midfielders)

if he went to the likes of everton or villa i think he'd establish himself as an England regular
  16. LeeTheMackem

The reason he hasnt signed for Chelsea is supposedly his wage demands though so your right he will go to a club what chucks money at him and plays him in a rotation system.Shame like
  17. Congay

Congay Registered User

Joe Cole was our player of the tourny last time plus that wonder goal.

His ability to play just off the striker as a forward cements his place in the team for me.
  18. LeeTheMackem

I'd defintely take him like, despite him not having much pitch time this season, its not like any of out MC or AMC have had particularly good seasons
  19. danny_m

danny_m Papa Toon

Lampard's scored more goals this year than any other?
  20. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

There's a chance Joe Cole won't even make the final squad, he's not playing enough for Chelsea so Fabio being Fabio won't select him. And I truly believe he won't! He should mind before you think I agree with him.
  21. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

Cole was one of our best players at the last world cup, but that was 4 YEARS AGO, plenty has changed since then, i honeslty think he will struggle to get in the sqaud.