ELEMENTS 1st Birthday! Friday 14th Nov, Cosmic Ballroom

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by ManofScience, Oct 27, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

ELEMENTS 1st Birthday! Friday 14th Nov, Cosmic Ballroom

Elements 1st Birthday in asssociation with Detox

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fresh from the recent success of the “Elements versus Beat Therapy” head to head in October, Elements return with their 1st birthday celebrations at the Cosmic Ballroom, Newcastle upon Tyne on Friday 14th November 2008. For the 1st birthday bash ELEMENTS will be transforming the downstairs of the Cosmic Ballroom with full elements décor & soundsystem whilst upstairs in the now infamous boudoir, we are pleased to welcome leading hard dance heavyweights DETOX who will be bringing their own unique dance floor debauchery back to the cosmic ballroom for the first time in over a year.

ROOM 1 (Downstairs) - ELEMENTS - Trance and Techtrance

SEAN TYAS (Discover , Godskitchen)
    A New York native now residing in Switzerland, Sean Tyas has been one of the hottest names in trance circles over the last couple of years, and with good reason too, he’s cut his own niche in the highly competitive production arena to create countless hit tracks, remixes and bootlegs that bring a mix of melodic harmony, driving groove and cutting edge production techniques to the dance floor. The distinctive Sean Tyas sound has captured the imagination of the trance community with the highest echelons of the trance elite such as Armin Van Buuren, Judge Jules, Eddie Halliwell, Sander van Doorn and Above & Beyond amongst the heavyweight playlist support and recently he received #8 in Mixmags “best new djs” category at the end of ‘07.
    In the UK and Ireland Sean Tyas has built up a solid fan base at major events such as Godskitchen, Gatecrasher, Ministry of Sound, the Gallery and Inside Out, whilst in Europe he has also made his mark on many famous stages ranging from Trance Energy and Dance Valley to the Mystery Land festivals in Holland. In 2008, Sean Tyas has also performed on all the Godskitchen Global Gathering events worldwide in the main trance arena and his dj schedule has taken in every continent, with tours of Australia, South America, Canada and the USA.

NEAL SCARBOROUGH (Discover)
    Neil Scarborough first established himself on top Dublin shows such as Kiss FM, Pulse and Club FM. His sound of melodic trance with a hard edge soon had him playing Dublin clubs such as the temple theatre, Club Mono and various other venues throughout Ireland confirming him as a firm favourite amongst the Ireland clubbing community. He has collaborated with John O’Callaghan on a number of different projects, the most notable coming under the guise of Inertia. The first track caught the ear of Discover “A&R” manager John Askew who had no hesitation in signing Inertia to the Discover label. The 2nd inertia track “The Chamber” then propelled them to prominence and the name Inertia was on every trance djs playlist. It was played 4 times in one night at the Ibiza Launch party in May 2005 and by Paul Van Dyk at the Miami Winter Music conference the same year. The track was also selected for Armin’s a state of trance” best of 2005 mix. Since then Neal’s Dj profile in the uk has risen with dates at “Passion” and “Fixation” and a plethora of high profile remix work with the most notable being the much heralded remix of Art of Trance “Madagascar”.

DJ Support from

NEAL THOMAS (Good Greef)
    PLUMSKI (Elements)
    WILL SHEPHARD (Elements, Independence)
    G-REX (Elements, Galaxy Nu Breed)

ROOM 2 (Upstairs) – DETOX – Hard Dance, Acid Techno and old skool

ADAM LAB 4 (Hard house Academy, Ground Zero, Frantic)

One half of the award winning Lab 4 and now having embarked on a solo career, Adam Lab 4 is one of the best hard dance djs you are likely to witness. Mixing everything from techno to Muse and industrial electronica plus anything in between, accompanied by the intensity and energy that was synonymous with the LAB 4 live experience, Adam Lab 4 has delivered dance floor carnage all over the globe. Anyone who witnessed Adam Lab 4’s set at the Freaky dancing versus Detox event at Newcastle University in October 2007 knows they are in for one hell of a display from a true showman at work. The question is “Will the boudoir be able to take it???“

Plus DJ support from :

STATIC (Detox, Good Greef, Freaky Dancing, Hard Beat Manifesto)
    MAN OF SCIENCE (Zimmer frame, Rogue Squadron)
    STEVE SMITH (Detox, Hard Beat Manifesto)
    EARL GREY (Wickerman festival, Moist, Detox Overboard)
    NIMOS (Disc-traction)

Advance ticket - £10 – available from Beatdown records, Ridley place, Newcastle & RPM Music, High Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne.

Info: 07901530275

For further info, find us online at :
    Elements Online Website!
    Elements Facebook Group
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

Nice one!

looking forward to this!!!
  4. Micko_Harriso

Micko_Harriso Say Energy!!

Would have well fancied this but already paid for Digital Society!
  5. Hutch

Hutch \o/\o/ TRANCE \o/\o/

Canny line up in the elements room, nice 1 lads.:up:
    Shame its the same night as DS otherwise ad of popped along.
  6. Marley

Marley Registered User

Shame its the same night as ds
  7. jam'e'tron

jam'e'tron god is a DJ

Trance back at the cosmic where it belongs:D

come along and help us celebrate our birthday in style:wink:
  8. ellielou

ellielou Registered User

9. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

What is Nimos playing???If I remember rightly he played at a farm part at thimbleberry before???or am I thinking of someone else???
  10. will_shepherd08

will_shepherd08

11. will_shepherd08

will_shepherd08

12. smallerthanyoda

smallerthanyoda Registered User

Canny lineup that one but same night as DS :( :( :(
  13. ellielou

ellielou Registered User

yeah its the same dj:wink:
  14. MELT

MELT Registered User

without being funny,

newcastle really makes me laugh

you get elements pulling out a bonza trance lineup at one of newcastles best little venues and then most of the alleged supporters of the local newcastle trance scene express their intent to hop down to leeds for digital society

youve got sean tyas, greg downey and activa at ds in nov

whilst at the same time you have tyas, scarbrough and thomas at elements in nov

activa is also playing junior g in nov and downey is playing junior g in december

i just fail to see why spend extra cash making a road trip to leeds when you can see more or less all of these acts over the next 2 months in newcastle or boro

maybe leeds is the 'cool' place to club again

:confused: :confused: :confused:
  15. Carson

Carson Registered User

I'll be at this, be wicked to get back to the ballrooms. Quality lineup in both rooms, hope this becomes some sort of permanent thing, will be immense. :D
  16. adam.

adam. kthxbi

ill be there like
  17. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

Or maybe people will go where they want to without having some promoter who thinkes he's the scene telling them where they should and shouldn't go.

You want a few reasons?

1. Better club.

2. Better Atmosphere.

3. DS is the best trance club in the UK at the moment.

4. Cheaper drinks.

5. Better lineup

6. Open longer.

7. A massive brand in clubbing recording a live cd there.

That's all i can think of at the moment but i'll get back to you when more pop into my head.....

Ohh and it also helps if lineups aren't kept a secret until 2 weeks before the even when people have already booked hotels and tickets etc.

bye :love:
  18. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

i will show my face at this after Jimmy Carr! happy days :groovy:
  19. MELT

MELT Registered User

AARON

re: Better lineup

I still dont see it

if I want to see activa, tyas, downey, askew

its like this askew Ive seen several times before - so aint arsed

tyas, - i can see at elements

and re: activa and downey if the mood so took me I would pop to junior g nov and dec.......where in addition to seeing these djs I would get to see and support the local lads proudy and mick lindsay too

re: later opening: leeds has always had better / later opening

nothing has changed in the last 10 years lol

ps: your location says a lot

:eek: :lol: :lol:
  20. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

What has my location got to do with anything?

I'll also be going to Junior G both this month and next month and i was there last week. I also went to Beat Therapy to support these local djs and nights who appently nobody is supporting these days?

As for the Askew i've seen several times before so i aint arsed. Same can be said about Tyas and Scarbrorough as i've saw both of them this year.

Activa i will also see Mick & Proudy when they are on at Junior G and ahve also saw them last month there and at other places this year.

I'd rather see Kane Nelson and Freesoup than Pumlski and Neal Thomas.

So what exactly is your point?
  21. MELT

MELT Registered User

that we have a difference of opinion,

and you are bumping the thread which is what I set out to achieve with my previous posts

:) :) :)