Dave Angel

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dez, May 27, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Dez

Dez Registered User

Dave Angel

Seen him a few times including his set at Coloursfest.
    Like watching an artist at work
    Superb working of the mixer, unbelievble little tricks and the way he cues up the records is a joy to watch. Acts so coolly as well
    If you think some of the so called big name DJ's are technically good, just go and watch one of the top techno DJ's and you'll rethink your opinion
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. G.H.

G.H. newcastlebeats.com

He was on at Reverb (or maybe Freaky Dancing??) earlier this year at Newcastle Uni and I thought he was quality then.

Hard and funky!! Fucking class! :D
  4. chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

Wicked dj technically and love his funky techno sound. He had a dj compilation on react a few years back which was ace
  5. spud693

spud693 Registered User

Dave angel - eco warrior

[​IMG]

'Like a moonlight shadow...' :lol:

sorry, couldnt help myself :p

:D :groovy: :D
  6. yelloboy

yelloboy Registered User

I seen a bit of his set but i didnt stay for long as carl Cox was in the main arena. ste of the nite IMO came from Michel De Hiej, he was brilliant and Mr C was pretty good aswell.
  7. Telf

Telf

It was reverb last nov or december, it was a fucking quality night. Can you rememder who that guy was who was on before him? the one who was doing the dex'n'fex thing on his labtop, he was well class. Shame there hasn't been one on for ages, think that night was the last one they put on, or was that when andy wetherall and radioactiveman were on?
  8. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

I seen Mr C, Layo & Bushwaka on 6 dex and 3 mixers years ago when foundation was the riverside. Friday nights were called Viva, some great techno nights
  9. Dez

Dez Registered User

Went to that as well. Made a good change ith decent atmosphere as well. Not sure who was on before but think he was using final scratch
  10. Dez

Dez Registered User

Michael de Hey was awesome as well. Carl Cox is a bigger name but I'd much rather watch Dave Angel. Was more personal in that smaller Global tent as well
  11. G.H.

G.H. newcastlebeats.com

Can't remember which way they were round but they were both quality.

I asked Antony Daly a while back why there wasn't any more but I can't really remember what he said.

Freaky Dancing's a decent alternative, although they seem to base their nights more around local talent nowadays rather than big guests. There still quality all the same, they were all playing in the Techno Tent at the Green Festival rockin' it!! :D
  12. Telf

Telf

Burns reckons the guy who runs them (the guy who owns tanners i think) can't be arsed with the hassel of putting them on. I think the words he used were, he has to deal with to many arseholes ie dj's managers and shit like that