Cloverfield.

Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by ScottofshieldS, Feb 1, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. ScottofshieldS

ScottofshieldS Paranoid Android

The coastal town that they forgot to pull down.
    Cloverfield.

It's fucking brilliant.

Won't give anything away but go see it.

A genuinely tense, realist monster movie.

Loved it.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

yep, gunna avoid screeners, the lot - wanna see in cinema first!
  4. fiddla

fiddla Retired

I thought it was mint altho very hard to watch at 1st !!
  5. dobbs

dobbs Registered User

I agree with the others - it is an amazing film and yes the start goes on for a bit but it's worth it as it really sets the atmosphere. When it ended it felt like I'd only been watching it for half an hour or something as it was so engrossing!

For those who have seen it (don't worry I'm not giving anything away here) - in the very final scene did anyone else notice it? If you did, you'll know what I mean. If you didn't, don't worry, I don't think many people did! ;)
  6. adam.

adam. kthxbi

no what ?!?
  7. dobbs

dobbs Registered User

SPOILER INFORMATION SO DON'T READ

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/trivia

Look in the Spoilers section at the bottom of that page - the second bullet point about the final scene.

It was weird, before it happened I just thought "Hmmmm look you can see out over the bay in New York, I wonder if you'll see something happen" then I saw it and was like "Errm, ok, was that really obvious or am I actually the only person who saw that?" - I didn't hear anyone talking about it on the way out, though that doesn't prove anything, but I don't think it was very obvious - if you weren't looking for it you wouldn't have noticed it I don't think.
  8. Alun

Alun bouncy bouncy

i saw it... was gutted when the film ended... was awsome.. one of the best movies i've seen in a long time.. needs to be seen at the cinema though!!!
  9. Cookee

Cookee Registered User

Dammit I read ur hint before we went but I still forgot to keep an eye out - I missed it :(

I thought it was really good tho, better than I thought when I heard it was a giant lizard type thing. Wasnt too bad watching a moving camera either, altho I kept leaning forward for some reason lol. So many unanswered questions as usual..
  10. claire

claire Beautifully Bad

I thought it was boring.
  11. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

this film looks great cant wait to go adn see it like!!!
  12. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Not seen it yet but I think it looks gash
  13. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

It wasn't excellent but it was still quite good.

8/10
  14. Lee

Lee original gowans artwork

just got back, thought it was mint 8/10
  15. Curly Watts

Curly Watts Est. 1988

SPOILER

Taken from movie-moron

It¡¯s very rare that a sequel does not get drawn into backstory and origins. What do we know there?¡¦ The last couple of shots of Cloverfield return to the footage that¡¯s being recorded over - To Rob and Beth at Coney Island. In the background, you can just catch a large dark object plummeting through the sky, into the ocean. In other words - the first footage of the monster¡¯s arrival?

No, not the monster. J.J. Abrams has said ¡°The concept for the monster is simple. He¡¯s a baby. He¡¯s brand-new. He¡¯s confused, disoriented and irritable. And he¡¯s been down there in the water for thousands and thousands of years.¡± What you see falling is a satellite, and it¡¯s the recovery of that which awakens the beast¡¦
  16. Curly Watts

Curly Watts Est. 1988

*****SPOILER MATERIAL HERE*****

Oh and for me this got 9/10. The only flaw I could see was the lenghth of the introduction (at the party/preparty) but I suppose the characters had to be established before the shit kicked off.

The ending was abrupt and it didnt really tell you anything about the monster throughout the story, which made it a daring concept for a movie (with the camcorder POV and such). Apart from that it was undoubtedly realistic and gripping throughout, but you have to think a certain way to enjoy it, or have a certain degree of intellegence. As I was walking out there were people saying things like "eh?", this is probably due to the lack of information you are given. The helicopter crash is fucking mint! When the monster gets bombed and Hud is shouting "thats the shit" then he jumps up and grabs the chopper :lol:

Anyone have any theories on the bites those little monsters give, like why they had to execute Eiliene (if that was her name?)

And at the end of the credits (apparently) there is a voice that whispers "help us" but when played backwards it says "its still alive" sequel?
  17. culks

culks Registered User

Ive heard a vicious rumour that there isnt going to be a sequel but the same film shot from someone elses perspective. It will be a motion picture instead...

If this is true it will be awesome and a breathe of fresh air...great idea in my eyes
  18. Cookee

Cookee Registered User

Aye I think that would be canny if it was from the army's point of view. There'd be loads of action and you'd find out bout bitten people and stuff. Oooh
  19. Curly Watts

Curly Watts Est. 1988

I sound like a total dick saying it but im excited :lol:
  20. eyeball

eyeball Registered User

You are a total dick.
  21. Curly Watts

Curly Watts Est. 1988

It's getting old Paul. Just like you.