car owners help needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JIMI, Mar 26, 2012.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    would like to know of some good polish shammys and chrome and alloy cleaners i wanna make the motor shiney like it was brand new. its only 7 month old but its never had a wash. recommendations will be highly valued
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Depends how much you want to spend jimbob.

The Auto-Glym stuff is decent and reasonably cheap, for alloy wheels the wheel cleaner is good crack but don't use it too much as it's acidic. You're best off using it to clean off the brake dust, then buy a sealing/protection agent to treat your rims with so you can just wash the dust off in future.

If you're wanting something a bit more professional, there's the Zaino, Dodo Juice, and Meguiars stuff. Might be worth a look on detailingworld.co.uk to see what they use or recommend...
  4. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    sound. ill have a look. price isn't really an issue. obviously within reasons but i like the best and want my car gleaming in this whether.
  5. Trancending

Trancending Dj/Promoter

I second detailingworld.co.uk as conway said & I'd take a look at this site also mate:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/

What the guys don't know about products for cleaning your car on those forums you really don't want to know.

For wheels i've been using something called bilberry wheel cleaner which is environmentally friendly but really really good stuff. It's not a wonder cleaner though, if i've left mine for a few months over winter then I've had to take them off, wash them down, scrub them with wonder wheels, some tar remover, then a coat of RimWax...... I'll stop you there though Conway it's not what I use for my arsehole :-p

Autoglym's got a good brand name but their products are far from the best available. It just depends how seriously you want to take it and how much you want to spend. You could spend £300 plus on next to nowt really.
    Conway likes this.
  6. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

Im a bit of a petrolhead so I like to take care of my car. Ive tried all sorts of shampoos but have found Zip Wax does the job - it produces a nice foam which is good for holding the dirt off the car. Autoglym Clean Wheels is good but you will still need to get a brush in there to clean the rims up good and proper. I use Autoglym Aqua Wax after washing which gives a great protective cover, plus you dont have to dry your car which is a bonus. I also pop Turtle Wax Wet and Black on the wheels to make them look nice and shiny. Meguairs Engine Dressing gets your engine looking shiny again.

If Im in a hurry I sometimes use Demon Shine to detail the car after washing rather than waxing. Its much quicker and gives a good finish.

If Im not in a hurry then after washing I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish, then Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection Sealant, then Collonite 476 Wax for the ultimate shine and protection. Warning - this takes fucking ages.
  7. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

Oh and dont forget to use the two bucket method and have a lambswool mitt for washing. Lovely.
  8. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

I may have just lost whatever street cred I had
    Conway likes this.
  9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    meguires or however u spell it -- use it on the bug and its always doing well in show n shine , also had a few show cars we have painted feature in mags for meguuires or however u spell it

however its all technical stuff so head to there website and read up

http://www.meguiars.co.uk/
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

If you have a pressure washer, get yourself a foam lance and some snow foam as well. Cracking stuff :up:
  11. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

It all depends on how much effort/time/money you want to put in. I get my car done weekly with Chemical Guys no touch snow foam and a pressure washer. This removes all the dirt from the car and makes it clean/shiny. It also leaves no residue so you don't have to dry your car after.

However if you want to go that bit extra you'll need to buy more stuff. have a look here http://www.juicydetailing.co.uk/ based in Tanfield near Stanley. They have guides on detailing etc and if you contact them with any queries they'll be happy to help.

S.E.C.T knows what he's talking about. Like I say it all just depends on how much time/effort/money you want to spend cleaning your car.

12. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

I go to the car wash at Blyth, a little asian man washes mine.