Biggets threat to the west

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by Yosef Ha'Kohain, Feb 20, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Biggets threat to the west

Is declining birth rates and immigration.

If current birth rate trends are to continue, analysts claim that countries like Germany will of feell from a population of 82 million to 32 million by the end of the century, Italy from 57 to 15 & Spain from 39 to 12; while the Maghreb will have 120 million be 2050, Egypt will rise to 115 million & Iran will be over 150 million (that's larger than Russia).

With a change in the balance of power as progessive nations like China, India & Brazil start to dominate the world order, it seems fool hardy to assume that west will start to wilt... Occidental values will be consigned to the history books as our declining/immigrant populations adopt the dominant global cultures; just as they have adopted our culture in the past.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

The erosion of the middle class is part of the reason for this.

The only people who are multiplying in any great numbers are the very rich, and the very poor, who couldnt give a stuff about the responsiblities of having children - knowing the state will bail them out.

The massive declination of the purchasing power of the pound, brought on by over inflation of the currency - has pushed two parents out to work and stopped them having many, if any children.
  4. Yosef Ha'Kohain

the purchasing power of the pound isn't in decline?!? It's incredibly strong in contrast to most occidental nations.

I also found your "giving a stuff" comment highly ignorant and a little offensive, Englands working class has a very low birth rate when compared to the rest of the world; traditionally high birth rates have been found in communities which lacked education.

However, I would suggest that high birth rates exist in communities which haven't been subject to occidental education (which instill occidental values). The low birth rates of the west are a product of our desires for equal rights (and both parents working), a western sized family & the luxuries that one can afford with such a nest.

In educated communities with different values we find large families which are just as functional as our own (the middle eastern model is a great example of this)... As these rival nations arise there is nothing to suggest their birth rates will change (unless their values in turn change).
  5. forks

forks still not dead

poor people have kids as an insurance against poverty in old age ( and against high infant mortality)
  6. BRID

"giving a stuff", refers to all the people on benefits who multiply without a care in the world and use the welfare state to supply their needs. Ignorant and offensive in what way? Look around you.

The purchasing power of our money is a western thing, and more specifically a problem that the middle classes have felt the most - and because of that a social change is taking place. Rising nations like India and China are only just making the first steps in gaining a middle class at all - im not sure about an average standard of living there are all and how that impacts on the birth rate, but we arent making an apples to apples comparrison here - for me the issue is why are traditional working/middle class families choosing not to have as many kids, whereas in the past they did? ......

Your opening up a discussion about why generally traditional western nations have a declining populace - and im putting forth a reasoning as to why that is .....
  7. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Bit of a silly genralisation...
  8. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Benefits are a product of affluent nations, affluent western nations have low birth rates....

Have you ever been to china Brid? There is a huge middle class... the factory owners that cloth the west.

China has a low birth rate, but that is for its own reasons... But I still don't understand what this has to do with the purchasing power of the pound?
  9. BRID

the question is .... why do we have a declining population?

.. partly the baby boom .... and nowadays its excasserbated (sp) by our real purchasing power being in constant decline.

The long and short of it is that its just too expensive to have children these days - and for the average joe they either have a single child, or in increasing numbers ... none at all.

The middle classes in the UK are a massive chunk of the populace - and if you erode them, and their buying power ..... they stop multiplying.

Thats my take.
  10. forks

forks still not dead

'Biggets threat to the west
    Is declining birth rates and immigration.'
  11. French William

French William _________________

:lol:
  12. forks

forks still not dead

The large middle class which has grown up since the 60's is unbelievably rich compared to the generations before
    our real purchasing power is roughly twice what it was in the seventies. It's constantly increasing due to the economy constantly growing.
    It's far easier to put off having children and spend the money on yourself instead.
    We are not getting poorer we are getting to expect more and becoming more selfish. If we decided to forego all the foreign holidays, cars, computers clubbing and all the other stuff we spend it on then kids would be easy to afford.
  13. scruf

scruf Registered User

how will vastly increased population pressure on under-resourced, infertile land with dwindling irrigation resulting in unsustainable development and urbanisation guarantee global domination?

when has a large population ever guaranteed such global domination and efficiency, it's historically been seen as a hindrance?

I'm hazarding a rough guess here that we won't see the likes of China / Brazil ever achieving the same level of exclusive authority as the US or European Empires - and this is not to say they won't be incredible powers in their own right - but I see much more to factor into it than changing demography and the economists fixation in the complacency that nations will always rise and fall in the same way as they have throughout history..

Incidentally the same 'analysts' are predicting the death of religion in the next 50 years through the rise of a technological 'enlightenment' in the East...
  14. Yosef Ha'Kohain

:lol: they’ve been predicting a decline in religion since the dawn of the scientific era, yet the world has witnessed the complete opposite.

The “east” is highly technological and it’s religious populations are often some of the most educated in the nation… I’d be interested to know what these assumptions are based on?

Can I ask why China/India/Brazil will not achieve the same scale of power as the US? In terms of global powers the US has been one of the weakest dominant powers in the history of man; military they rarely win wars & geographically they control little land; the western values that they spread aren’t solely attributed to them (the influence is as much European as it is American)… To assume that America is as big as its going to get strikes me a bit odd.

Historically, population has had a huge impact on the power of a nation, its only with the dawn of the modern age that this changed slightly; but as the developing world catches up with the west demographics will impact on the global force of a nation (from increased GDP to increased military capabilities).
  15. forks

forks still not dead

not so. religion in the west has been in long term decline since the advent of universal education. Increasing levels of wealth have weakened the grip of the catholic church in america and despite the power of the evangelicals in the USA the levels of belief have remained more or less as they were at the time of WW1.
    China under communism was non religious and although the general population clung to the old beliefs it cannot be doubted that the country is generally less religious than it was during the time of the emperors. Only radical Islam has grown although the total percentage of believers is around the same in the Islamic states.
  16. psycaholic

psycaholic Registered User

well if this be true joe i would be very worried for your beloved israel if i was you cos as soon as america loose's it demographical ,political and military strong hold

your fucked !
  17. Yosef Ha'Kohain

:lol: my whole point is that western values are on a decline, there is no ecidence that religion in the new world ;) is experiencing a decline...

Infact nations that westernised and secularised themselves are turning back to Islam (the middle east is a great example; palestine, lebanon, egypt, etc.).

The only difference being the large numbers of immigrants have also converted to the abrahamic religions of the pre war era.

There has been no great trend to embrace atheism in the states.

:lol: that's because the commies smashed all forms of religion, China is no experiencing a huge religious growth curve as they returnt o their traditional religions and adopt alien religions.

Buddhism is experiencing a huge growth curve (not just in nations where it was abolished like China, but it also the fastest growing religion in Australia)

Christianity has a growth rate of 2.3%, it is considerably larger than it was when it was isolated to europe & the near east.

Thats a couple of examples I can give you countless.

Also can you tell me the difference between radical islam and islam :lol:
  18. Yosef Ha'Kohain

America has little impact on the strength of Israel?!?!?

Every war we've won, we won without assistance... I hate the myth that Israel is dependent on the US, is it fuck.

Although unless we find peace with our neighbours soon, we could be in dire straits (this has nothing to do with America though).
  19. psycaholic

psycaholic Registered User

so are you tryin to tell me that if america just tood back and said your on your own , that isreal wouldn't get smashed all over the place ?

your in dream land matey seriously , i aint sayin that your military is up to much but up to now you have been battleing rebels if the governed armies of the middle east muslim's kicked off you be wiped !!! quickly !!
  20. Yosef Ha'Kohain

:lol: have you ever actually read a history book?

In the 48 war, Israel which at the time had no military, governmental infrastructure, nothing (it had just been declared a state)... fought 6 arab nations (Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon & Transjordan) and crushed them... This was years before America even showed an interest in us, years before we'd developed our military to the 4th powerfullest in the world, years before we had a powerful economy & intellectual heartland.... When we were a nation of farmers we thrashed 6 Arab nations... Now we are a nation of warriors.

Similarly in every major war pre-US aid (the 70's) we thrashed the Arabs.

I don't know what your basing your opinion on but its insanity... we're one of the few middle eatsern nations with our own defence industry - we're not reliant on anyone.
  21. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

I'm sure the US could use the $2 billion it gives Israel each year elsewhere if it doesn't need it?