Benchwarmers

Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by BenC, Apr 25, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. BenC

BenC

Benchwarmers

Review:

When the nerds stand up to the other kids on the baseball field they have to play against little league teams to win the tournament, its another one of them american movies like the mighty ducks but this time with baseball. The movie is hilarious it had me in stiches all the way through, it stars John Hender as one of the nerds who plays his part brilliantly and Jon Lovitz who is a millionare in the movie and one of my favorite comedy actors of all time. Some of the humor is a little tounge in cheek but most will have you lughing at the screen along with the rest of the perople in the cinema.

If you can go see it i'd reccomend to anyone.

Rating 9/10
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. claire

claire Beautifully Bad

It'c crap, some fart joke and gay jokes used time and time again getting worse each time.

Story has been done a hundred times before, the whole nerds vs jocks things is getting a bit boring to me.

I suppose if you like cheap toilet humour you might actually like it but it seems to me that the burping, farting and nose picking humour is aimed at schoolkids
  4. BenC

BenC

Im a fan of that humour I think its hilarious when done good plus its not all toilet humour theres loads of other jokes too and you have to remember it is a kids movie so its not gonna be full of complicated jokes :p
  5. claire

claire Beautifully Bad

The only hting I found all that funny was the Dominican Republican bit
  6. BenC

BenC

Thats a shame then if you had to sit through all that and it wasnt your thing, never mind ey no harm no foul.

You a south park fan by any chance?
  7. claire

claire Beautifully Bad

It's only 80 minutes long so it wasn't that bad :)

Used to love South Park but its kinda lost it's appeal on me recently, still watch it now and again
  8. BenC

BenC

Yeah true so whats your humor style then what kind of movies?
  9. claire

claire Beautifully Bad

Prefer surreal comedy or something with a bit more substance, slaptstick or gross-out comedy isn't my thing anymore, grew out of it a while ago I think. Have a look for a Romanian film called Filantropica (Philanthropy)

Prefer things like The Mighty Boosh through to films like Forrest Gump
  10. BenC

BenC

Not seen either of them but I'll get some copies and give them a go :up:
  11. Guest

Seen this a while ago, anything from Adam Sandlers Production Company you know what to expect :D

Very watchable shite :lol:

The cars were mint, the original Batman car :cool: (ive seen it in a famous car showroom in the lakes :D )

Only thing missing IMO was Adam Sandler in it shouting "You can do it!!!" to Rob Schneider :lol:
  12. BenC

BenC

Now that would have been funny :lol: