Barack Obama .... without a teleprompter ;)

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by BRID, Jun 16, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Barack Obama .... without a teleprompter ;)

Just saw this and i actually felt embarrased for the man. Moreso cause he has the audacity to stand up there and hypnotise peoples trust with such a cheap and dirty trick.

This is from a while ago, but it just goes to show what our christ-like 'leaders' are like, when they dont have a script to read from. Watch him looking around to find a screen to read from in desparation.

What a joke.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDJSVPAx8xc&feature=related"]YouTube - Obama Speech - Teleprompter Goes Out[/ame]
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Cringeworthy....

Reminded me of some of the older speaches delivered by Bush when he'd get lost in his own mind & start dwindling off.

The most powerful man in the world & he's mistaking breathaliser matchines with defibralators in Hospitals - Genius eh?
  4. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

:lol: its like a sketch off the office, you'd expect david brent to come up with that crack
  5. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

haha, what a cock, american fail.
  6. Gary Proud

Jeeeesus christ,

Just clicked on some of the related links, this fuckers no different from Bush!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GaU-ExYm30&feature=related"]YouTube - Senator Obama- What was the question?[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws&feature=related"]YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States[/ame]
  7. BRID

His policies and actions are things that George Bush would have NEVER have gotten away with either.

Look at the Obama "corps" (Basically another version of the Hitler youth brigade), the compulsory draft, the flip flopping over iraq and guantanamo bay (which turned out to be election promises that werent delivered on as described) .... Bush would have been RINSED if he tried to get away with any of that.

Obama scares me.
  8. Gary Proud

I've never really paid attention to this side of him, my perception of him has been purely based on good press & filtered News channels, bit ignorant I know...

It's crazy how throughly incapable he is of actually holding his own in a conversation without aids or a Telepromter? this is supposed to be the most powerful man on earth & the cunt doesn't seem to know shit from clay?
  9. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

are you lot for real :lol:

Every single great speaker in history will have had times where they trip up, people just weren't sitting there filming it.
  10. Gary Proud

I think it's a little more than 'tripping up' dont you? Politicians are renowned for slipping up or saying the wrong things from time to time, this is a different level!

He seems be utterly clueless about what he's supposed be talking about when not using an aid or autocue Lol, shocking.
  11. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

People these days are far too reliant on technology.

Give me an old fashioned set of speechnotes anyday....
  12. French William

French William _________________

He's been popular long enough. It's cool to slag him off now :cool2:
  13. BRID

No doubt leaders had speech writers in the past as well.

But it comes to something when you rely on basically reading a script to such a point that when the teleprompter goes off, you cant even remember what you were even talking about.

It says something about our leaders today and what we expect from them - Little more than cheerleaders for someone ELSES ideas.
  14. French William

That's a load of shit. I watched a coule of those town hall things Obama did with an American friend. They way it works is they have an opening remarks bit (speech read from a prompter) and then it's opened up to more debate style and answering audience questions.

The two I watched Obama fared just as well without the teleprompter as he did with it. At-ease, answered questions properly, actually seemed like he had a personality etc.

Of course if you're not going to memorise a speech if you know you're going to have notes/teleprompter. If you then lose notes/prompter then you're going to flounder a bit.

Plus, he could be the worst public speaker in the world, but still have the best poplicies for a country/govt. Whether he reads a speech or talks freely isn't really relevant to anything other than PR.

And it's bollocks that they're someone elses ideas. Everyone uses speech writers, but you still give them the content. You're off your tits if you think Obama's speeches haven't been fundamentally contributed to by either him, or some senior aides (who've discussed the content with him anyway), or both.
  15. BRID

Where DID his ideas come from then? Who knows eh .... its complete speculation as to whether or not he's getting orders from someone else or not. But a man who has rose to meteoric levels of power from relatively HUMBLE political roots is something that has to be questioned.

When you take someone who has lied about what he'd do if he gained power, someone who doesnt seem to care about the cult of personality hype that is allowing him to get away with things that raised eyebrows back before WWII, and someone who is presiding over one of the biggest bank robberies of all time from the people of the world (The bail outs) then yeah .... im gonna start taking a contrarian stance.
  16. French William

Where do his ideas come from? :lol: Where do anyone's ideas come from? Should I assume someone is ordering you to type this rubbish? Or are you taking credit for the idea that the US Senate is a relatively humble field of politics?

What has he lied about and what is he trying to do that would be frowned upon before WWII?

And weren't the bank bail-outs initiated before he was even president-elect, never mind actualy president?
  17. BRID

Where do his ideas come from? Its simple .... WHAT motivates him? WHERE has he been and what has he done that has motivated him to become president. I think its pretty simple to at least question a mans motives. Also he was tapped up by Zbignew Bryzinski who has made some very eyebrow raising claims in his time.

Lies .... have a look at www.theobamadeception.net

The bail outs started under Bush yes... But they have stepped it up a gear so far. The difference being that the public are so numbed by it all these days, that the mere mention of a hundred billion here or there is just meaningless these days.
  18. French William

Read Obama's books if you want your questions answered.

From that film's own site:

:lol: Think I'll give that a miss.

The loans are currently being repaid, and are ACTUALLY TURNING A PROFIT. Obviously there's going to be a cost to the taxpayer, but early repayment and gains on investments bode pretty well, and the cost of bail outs is better than the alternative.

Everything you're saying is pretty unsubstantiated, it just smacks of the typical I'm-so-individual-I-have-the-same-opinion-as-every-tin-pot-website-I-read-and-every-Michael-Moore-esque-film-I-see.
  19. BRID

LOL...

Yeah Willy, your dead on there with everything. Paid back my arse. 13 Trillion dollars so far!!!!

Teach me oh Yoda!!!
  20. French William

They are in the process of being paid back, and the government has profited on this so far. Have you twisted my words to make a point or did you just not understand what I wrote?
  21. BRID

If i loan you a tenner and ask you to pay me back .... and then i loan you a thousand pounds.

Now you pay me a quid back for the tenner you loaned off me, but the thousand quid is conveniently forgotten about...

THATS the situation we have. And i'm talking about the States here - Not the UK.

Read up about the toxic asset purchase program and the terms of how it works for the investment banks. Its a complete joke.