avi playback

Discussion in 'Technology' started by crasherkid, Jun 23, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. crasherkid

crasherkid Registered User

avi playback

im getting jerk playback thru every media player i use.... where the screen pauses/sound keeps going.. or vice versa..

i think i need nu codecs.. any ideas where i can get the lastest ones from?

:)
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. crasherkid

it happens with stuff i just download... matrix2.... bruce almighty.. pisses me off when i download 300megs thru 56k and it jerks every 10 mins...

ive just got a load of codecs.. see if that works ;)
  4. crasherkid

:angel:

nah i just leave it on overnite ;)
  5. WebbA

WebbA Registered User

Sorry to but in lads, what spec processor u got mate? anything under 500 usually plays divx's badly.

Also I use Bit Torrent, its a file sharing program with a difference. You install the client on your pc. Then instead of loading the program itself, you simply download small torrent files for the films/music you want (about 30k in size).

You double click on these and they start to download, fully resumable and if u have adsl, you can get nice download speeds of 50kb/s +
    Have a look at http://www.suprnova.org/
  6. crasherkid

i use the nu kazaa lite with the auto find sources doowacky... and shareaza..pretty nu and a lot faster than kazaa.

2gig processor
    500meg ram
    64meg graphx

i think its probs the files that a funked but im not 100% sure..... i'll have broadband this time next week and i can download dvd quality in minutes bwahahahA :p
  7. WebbA

WebbA Registered User

well erm in about 3hours, well thats how long it takes for say a 700meg divx or mpg. thats on 512 adsl, my 2meg line went on monday :s used to be 40mins!
  8. crasherkid

i think were gettin a 2 meg connection :D

between 5 of us tho... still shud be a little faster than 56 ;)
  9. WebbA

WebbA Registered User

thats good that, u live in a flat or sommit like? if u do set up an ftp server and share all your mp3s etc
  10. crasherkid

yeh 5 of us.. well we move on monday... weve got a seperate server.. so were just gonna stick out stuff onto that for now :cool:

but yeh an ftp is dooable... i used to have one ages ago thru 56k... a pisstake! :p
  11. takeawaynoodles

takeawaynoodles

DC++ and Newsbin are the two must solid systems I have found and since using them I have had (literally) no attempted trojan attacks and no pop-ups at all.

They are a bit of headf*ck intially, but once you do get ytour head round it, files just fly in (60kbs).

Your sharing with all those lovely Swedish people and their 10mb connections and for my purposes thats great as they all seem to get the brand new music tech plug-ins before anyone else...

Is that 2mb connection with telewest and is it worth getting (i.e. is then any real noticable difference when the cost of up grade is taken into account)?