Anyone use a IP hider?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Congay, Apr 22, 2012.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Congay

Congay Registered User

I used to use HIDEMYIP but its stopped working after a windows update.

Fucking feds
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Rigsby420

Rigsby420 Registered User

If anonymity on the internet is really that important to you jack on IP hiders/proxys and pay for a VPN service.
    I use the following

http://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn
  4. Congay

Congay Registered User

A useful and valued contributor to a internet message forum would give a brief explanation to what he was posting about.

You Mr Rigsby are neither.
  5. Rigsby420

You asked about IP hiders did you not?
    Virtual Private Network(VPN) is a type of network technology that allows communication between 2 computers or groups of computers via a public channel, usually the internet.

You may have this question now: Why Should I Use a VPN?

1. For Security

Everyone can use a little more security, a VPN accountgives you exactly that. When you create a private virtual tunnel between your computer and the VPN server, and surf the internet from there, your VPN account is giving you a layer of security you did not have before.

2. For A Virtual Firewall

How can a VPN prevent a direct attack on your computer? Attacks are often directed directly at your known IP address. With a VPN account your home computer IP will not be see, the VPN server IP will be the IP address. Luckily the VPN server is behind some of the best known hardware and engineers in the industry who monitor activity diligently and make sure the VPN server is protected.

3. Anonymous Surfing

A VPN connection enables you to surf the Internet without anyone knowing your true IP. IP's are often tracked and traced in order forms, websites, and for malicious purposes. If you are using a VPN, the VPN IP will be tracked, instead of your IP and origin country.

4. Hot Spot Users Preventing Password Sniffers

Hot Spots can be found everywhere today, which is very convenient but also dangerous. Hot Spot hackers are on the rise, it's far too easy now for criminals to do. Using a VPN will prevent Hot Spot sniffing devices from viewing your logins, passwords and private data.

5. International Users Blocked by Government Control

Americans living and surfing the Internet overseas are often frustrated by the controls of the governments where they reside. China is a country with strict control on what web sites you can surf, and even if you can use a VOIP service provider. Having a VPN account will allow you to bypass the controls.

6. Types of VPN

PPTP VPN - Point to Point Tunneling Protocol VPN;
    L2TP VPN - Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol VPN.
    Open VPN - OpenVPN is a free and open source virtual private network (VPN) program for creating point-to-point or server-to-multiclient encrypted tunnels between host computers.

That is as dumbed down as i can go.​
  6. Congay

Congay Registered User

Thanks for info x
  7. forks

forks still not dead

why pay if there is open VPN?
    and I don't understand last paragraph even a bit. I am as dumbed down as it is possible to get
  8. Rigsby420

The open VPN requires both your machine to be running it and the destination machine, if you get me.
    A paid VPN service like VyprVPN(i get it free with my News sever account), you have the VPN client installed on your machine, it connects to, in my case, the giganews sever, that then connects out on to the net.
    I use it due to the massive amount of stuff i rip off the net via Usenet, Deep packet inspection my arse.
    Conway likes this.
  9. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

not the first time your arse has been deep packet inspected...
    Rigsby420 likes this.